What a bitch . . .

Trying to get this (I assume) aftermarket pipe cover on.  I twisted, then it jammed, then removed it, soaped it - same story . . . then WD-40, same story . . . then some oil on the pipe and I heated the cover in hot water, then I made it barely past the first bend, then I twisted, and rubber hammered it.  Tapped with chisel.  Twisted.  After an hour, I was just into the 2nd bend.  I quit.  Came back in 15 mins. and hammered and twisted, then the cover started coming apart.  Then I couldn't get it on or off.  Fart.  I got pissed and started really pounding and chiselin' and finally got it on(to the clamp flange) but it was separated in about 4 places.  Crap.  I had to tap and use small tools to reassemble the cover ribs while it was on - which really sucks - and finally the last hit - on the last one - it's all together - and I must say it was one of the hardest things.  Wow.  Don't try this at home.  No wonder the original H-D covers are so expensive.

No comments: